Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client is a privately-owned, U.S. company vertically integrated real estate company which has developed $5.5 billion of real estate, including a wide range of ground-up multifamily residential rental and for-sale apartments, adaptive re-use and historic conversions, student housing, community facility development, retail, and light office. They are positioned to invest more than $1 billion in workforce housing nationwide. They acquire strategically located properties in urban markets that are experiencing significant housing affordability gaps. They are a national brand, currently pursuing our mission in Los Angeles – a city and region experiencing a severe housing affordability crisis where rents are rising faster than incomes. They are privately financed without the use of public subsidies.
ABOUT THE JOB
Assistant Project Manager in the Development & Construction Group and is responsible for facilitating critical aspects of the preconstruction and eventually the construction processes for development and construction projects, with immediate focus on the firms’ Los Angeles Area projects, with primary focus to support the Development and Construction Leadership team. Primary responsibilities include:
- At the direction of the team, Interfaces with architects, engineers, contractors, municipal officials, and financial institutions as needed to help implement the design and construction of the master development program.
- Assist in tracking complex permitting & entitlement efforts required for pre-construction activities in conjunction with all state, city agencies and stakeholder entities
- Collaboration with internal departments, such as development, legal, finance, accounting, and operations in the development and implementation of entitlement & construction strategies
- Assists in the development of consultants RFPs, and in the analysis-leveling of proposals towards making hiring recommendations of Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Construction trades and/or construction managers.
- Prepares project status reports and tracks- modifies schedules as required.
- Assists in the management of relationships with various business partners
- Monitors project preconstruction activities related to all consultants’ responsibilities, scheduling, design, and construction methodology
- Monitors control systems for cost estimates, budgets, requisitions, change orders, quality control, value engineering and variance analysis.
- Experience with MS Project, Procore, Excel, Work Letters + Retail leases, contracts, and construction practices
- Manage and update the owner’s team task-tracking responsibilities matrices.
- Track, review, and log all team responses to the owners open priority issues
- Assists in the development of contractor, vendor, and subcontractor RFPs, and in the analysis & leveling of proposals towards making hiring recommendations of Construction trades and/or construction managers, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Assist in developing and managing project construction budgets for all assigned projects
- Interface with Construction Managers, subcontractors, and vendors to solicit proposals for budgeting during pre-construction
- Manage the procurement process for all owner-direct trades and vendors
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing building systems; fire safety systems – Ability to read and understand Architectural, Structural, & MEPS drawings
- Oversee and administer cost management protocols with all construction managers
- Organize, assist in leading the weekly ownership team meetings with all construction managers
- Provide support in the creation of monthly reports for project financials, schedules, and tracking of Construction managers’ progress
- Responsible for seamless collaboration throughout the Project Management and Construction process
- Review all MEP and commissioning schedules. Work with 3rd party commissioning agent
- Assist in the productivity and quantity tracking of the subcontractors’ work in place
- Generate meeting agendas and meeting notes
- Keep track on project documents, including plans and specifications.
- Undergraduate (Bachelor) Degree in Construction Management Services, Engineering, or related fields required. Civil, Structural, Mechanical engineering preferred
- 3-5+ Years of Assistant Project Management experience in new construction and/or rehabilitation/adaptive-reuse projects in the Los Angeles area, along with some exposure to the business aspects of the development process, including procurement of development entitlements, interface with City agencies, as well as Marketing and Lender- Finance related activities.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Full benefits provided.
- Sector: Multifamily, Mixed-Use Residential, Commercial, Modular
- Job Functions: Owner’s representative in Construction Project Management, development coordination
Contact Kipp Gillian : 866-600-0437 x 1 or email@example.com to learn more.
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in real estate development recruiting and executive search.