Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Reporting to the Vice President of Multifamily Construction, the Director of Multifamily Construction will provide overall leadership for assigned projects, including Design and Permitting assistance, and construction through completion and turnover to property management.
This position will manage overall coordination and oversight of the development and construction activities for select high-density apartment communities, supporting and educating the team on compliance with best practices as related to construction, and implementing all client standards. You will be responsible for community/municipality and vendor relations at a local level, procurement of new vendors, contract review, and internal/third-party employee management.
Our client is one of the nation’s largest privately held real estate developers, develops apartment homes and mixed-use project supporting thousands of families and positively affect the real estate landscape in California. To date they have developed over 12,000 multifamily homes.
- Initial review of subcontractor Buyout Authorizations (BOA), prior to forwarding them to VP of Multifamily Purchasing for review and approval.
- Manage value engineering process with a review of potential cost reduction opportunities.
- Ensure that all necessary approvals are in place, and obtain all necessary permits needed to start and continuously execute the work. Continuously follow up with various authorities as needed, to ensure that we obtain all necessary permits.
- Provide in-depth constructability review of the plans. This typically occurs during the first and second plan check, with the goal of having permitted plans that have been thoroughly vetted.
- Separate from the building permit plan check approval process, follow up with the Engineering Division to get approval for our off-site plans, including the issuance of the formal signed mylars.
- Work with the General Contractor to develop budgets, schedules, project approach, phasing/turn sequence, site fencing, construction office location, trade parking, security, and temporary power and water. Continuously monitor, update, and communicate the schedules to the Multifamily team and Property Management staff as needed.
- Monitor the General Contractor for adherence to the project schedule, budget, and quality control.
- Attend the Weekly Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings. Follow up with design consultants, or internal team to resolve any outstanding RFIs and/or Submittals. Follow up with the General Contractor for any outstanding Submittal Requirements. Issue any Owner’s Directives as may be required and incorporate Property Management into these meetings, starting about 3 months prior to the leasing office turnover.
- Work with IT department on the initial installation of all systems in the leasing building, and for amenity Wi-Fi installation.
- Keep senior managers within the organization apprised of all issues known or potentially foreseeable that might impact schedule, budget, or quality of work.
- Prepare for and participate in weekly project status meetings, monthly budget reviews, and annual goal review meetings.
- Other duties as needed.
- 10+ years of construction and development experience working with multiple sites.
- Highly proficient in construction processes and protocols, means and methods, scheduling, and cost control of high-density podium or wrap buildings.
- 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Minimum 2 Year supervisory experience managing 5 or more employees.
- Excel & MS Office/MS Project skills, with bonus points for Procore and Bluebeam
- Good problem-solving and communication skills, including public speaking and presenting.
- Competitive annual salary ($150-$225k, based on experience)
- Performance Bonus
- Strong medical and dental benefits plan, a 401k savings plan with company match, $100/month cellphone allowance, paid holidays, vacation time, educational reimbursement, continued training, advancement opportunities and more.
NOT A REMOTE POSTION: Regular travel is required throughout the Inland Empire area of Southern California. Your initial on-site post will be a new apartment development in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
Contact: Kipp Gillian 866-600-0437 x 1, email@example.com
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in multifamily development and construction executive search and recruiting