Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION
Our client is a privately-owned, U.S. company positioned to invest more than $1 billion in workforce housing nationwide. They acquire strategically located properties in urban markets that are experiencing significant housing affordability gaps. They are a national brand, currently pursuing our mission in Los Angeles – a city and region experiencing a severe housing affordability crisis where rents are rising faster than incomes. They are privately financed without the use of public subsidies.
They are an affiliated of a vertically integrated real estate company which has developed $5.5 billion of real estate, including a wide range of ground-up residential rental and for-sale apartments, adaptive re-use and historic conversions, student housing, community facility development, retail, and light office.
ABOUT THE JOB
Overview: As a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the planning, design, and construction of multifamily modular projects. You will ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of clients and stakeholders.
- At the direction of the Corporate Leadership team, this position interfaces with architects, engineers, contractors, municipal officials, and financial institutions as needed to help implement the design and construction of the master development program.
- Assist in tracking complex permitting & entitlement efforts required for pre-construction activities in conjunction with all state, city agencies and stakeholder entities
- Collaboration with corporate internal departments, such as development, legal, finance, accounting, and operations in the development and implementation of entitlement & construction strategies
- Assists in the development of consultants RFPs, and in the analysis-leveling of proposals towards making hiring recommendations of Architects, Engineers, Consultants, Construction trades and/or construction managers.
- Manage the entire construction process from start to finish, including budgeting, scheduling, subcontractor coordination, and material procurement.
- Coordinate with architects, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that project plans are accurate and up-to-date.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, budgets, and progress reports.
- Manage and monitor project risks, including safety, quality, and financial risks.
- Ensure that all work complies with local, state, and federal building codes andregulations.
- Ensure that all work is performed in compliance with safety and quality standards.
- Review and approve project contracts, change orders, and invoices.
- Provide regular project updates to clients and stakeholders, including progress reports and cost-to-complete estimates.
- Prepare and present project progress reports to senior management and clients.
- Identify and mitigate risks that may impact project delivery and success.
- Lead project meetings and collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure that project goals are met.
- Ensure that all necessary permits and licenses are obtained by owner/developer prior to the start of construction.
- Manage project closeout activities, including final inspections, punch lists, and warranty work
- Directs activities of and mentor more junior staff
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture, or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in multifamily or commercial construction, with a proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget. Previous work for a Developer is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, materials, and building codes.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to motivate and manage teams.
- Experience with project management software, such as Procore or PlanGrid.
- Ability to travel to job sites as needed.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Contact: Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search | firstname.lastname@example.org | 866-600-0437 x 1
Gillian Executive Search – recruiters in real estate development and construction management