Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Senior Project Superintendent (also looking for a Superintendent) in Los Angeles will be responsible for Project Leadership, Subcontractor Oversight, Overall Execution of large multifamily and mixed-use projects.
About our Client:
Our client acquires underutilized properties in communities where new housing is in short supply. The properties they acquire and develop are all privately financed, without the use of scarce government subsidies such as tax credits, enabling them to make a bigger impact and build more affordably priced housing without any funding constraints.
Community-focused model key features:
They deliver a mix of low-income and workforce housing at affordable rent levels.
Their innovative modular design enables them to drive down construction costs and to achieve rent levels that are accessible to local residents and young professionals.
They strategically build in communities near transit corridors to make it convenient for residents to use public transportation. They also seek to build near job centers where affordable housing options are in short supply.
Their design philosophy places a premium on modern efficiencies and creative use of each residential unit, with the understanding that true living takes place beyond the unit itself.
Their properties feature desirable community areas with resident-centered programming. They take pride in providing all kinds of spaces, including rooftop terraces for grilling, landscaped courtyards and gardens, swimming pools, basketball courts, and fitness centers to promote health, and well-being, and community-building.
Call / Email Kipp Gillian at Gillian Executive Search to learn more (firstname.lastname@example.org | 866-600-0437x 1)
JOB DESCRIPTION – Responsibilities
SENIOR PROJECT SUPERINTENDENT / SUPERINTENDENT – Los Angeles, CA
Project Leadership, Subcontractor Oversight, Overall Execution
- Scheduling: along with the SVP and Project Director, and key subcontractors, participate in the development of the overall project schedule. In addition, develop and maintain short interval schedules to comply with the time frames in the CPM (Critical Path Method). Update all schedules to maximize performance.
- Must be able to use a computer and all related software programs.
- Ability to implement and maintain a job specific Safety plan.
- Walk every unit, every day to establish firsthand knowledge of projects progress and quality of work being preformed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of appropriate portions of the project’s Quality Control plan.
- Working with the SVP, Project Director, Project Managers, and Engineers, organize and secure all required permits needed by client or subcontractors for temporary and construction work are obtained in a timely manner.
- Plan and review the construction plan with the SVP and Project Director, including procedures, job layout of turn sequence, equipment, systems, and manpower.
- Manage Project Engineers, Assistant Superintendents, and Superintendents with regards to Field documentation within client’s construction management software for daily reports, drawings, RFI, etc.
- Have complete knowledge of the project estimate and take steps to correct work if it is at risk of not being performed within the established budget.
- Study, review and understand all construction drawings and specifications for suspected constructability and potential code violations.
- Assure that the corporate policy and procedures are properly administered throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure that all EEO requirements are met and that proper drug test procedures are followed.
- Extensive of knowledge and executions of Fair housing, ANSI and ADA accessibility codes.
- Understand and manage soils conditions, grades for proper sidewalk slopes grades to accommodate accessibility paths and travel.
- Coordinate, direct and monitor the activities of the subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with the SVP, Project Director, Project Managers, and Engineers in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment furnished by client and subcontractors, and assumes the primary responsibility for their timely delivery.
- Direct and train field associates including subordinate supervisory personnel.
- Manage the necessary security for the project.
- Maintain and update the Daily Project Reports documenting the progress of the project as well as noting any problem areas that affect the timely completion of the planned activities. Daily Project Reports are to be copied weekly and given to the Project Manager for distribution to the SVP and Project Director
- Ensure that appropriate notices are given and communicate with the main office concerning weather changes, impact, delays, etc.
- Coordinate, direct, and schedule all test and inspection activities of agencies and governmental authorities.
- Review performance and costs of all project operations and take action as required to correct problems.
- Expedite all site needs-subcontractors, material, construction equipment, and labor.
Strong compensation package with Base Salary and Project Bonuses.
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in modular, work force housing real estate development and construction recruiting