Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our Client is seeking a Development Project Manager or Senior Development Associate for its Affordable Housing division. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Development, the successful candidate will have in depth, hands on experience in all aspects of multi-family rental housing development, finance and construction. The work will involve a focus on new construction and acquisition/rehabilitation of affordable housing. The Project Manager will be responsible for all aspects of their projects including: entitlements, design, financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, due diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, and construction. This position is a key team position that will provide the candidate significant professional growth and exposure to all aspects of an affordable housing development project. This position will be based in Irvine – Not Remote.
Our Client is a full-service real estate firm that has been in business in California since its inception in 1989. Our Client’s projects range from low and moderate-income townhomes to high-rise luxury apartments, and all of our properties are designed, built and managed to the highest standards, regardless of the income level served. Our Client prides itself on its track record of consistently developing best in class communities that represent industry benchmarks in design, construction, sustainability and property management.
- Financial Analysis: Manage project proforma, development cost and cash flows; research and understand funding sources.
- Acquisition: Perform financial analysis and due diligence for new development opportunities, assisting in underwriting and cash flow analysis, and responding to Requests for Qualifications or Proposals.
- Government Subsidy: Compile detailed financing applications for various state and local funding programs such as low income housing tax credits and tax exempt bonds.
- Planning and Design: Assist with management of consultant team, including architect, engineers, energy and other consultants. Oversee deliverables and keep team on track.
- Entitlement Processing: assist with applying for and obtaining land use approvals and building permits. Assist in preparation of community outreach documents, and attend community outreach meetings.
- Operations: Assist in preparing budgets and schedules, cash flow projections, deal memorandums, financial forecasts and strategic plans.
- Construction: Assist in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, and managing project deliverables. Attend draw meetings and coordinate with construction manager.
- Lease up/Marketing: Assist in meeting lease up targets, coordinating with property management company.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in real estate, business administration, public policy and planning or a related field.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in all aspects of multi-family housing development and finance.
- Strong quantitative and MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project skills are a prerequisite.
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, with ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Complex thinker of high intelligence and demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Effective prioritization and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Must be a team player, but also a self-starter that can perform with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills.
Desired, but Not Required Qualifications
- Experience in Southern California.
- Knowledge of CEQA, including experience with planning and entitlements processes in California.
- Experience with HUD and Public Housing Authority programs.
- Masters Degree in related field.
Reasonable compensation expectation is a range based on experience in this field:
– Base 135K to 165K plus bonus and benefits.
Gillian Executive Search – leader in affordable housing real estate development and construction recruiting