Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Senior Development Manager will be responsible for leading project teams while providing expert, turnkey project management and ensuring timely financing, approval, and design of multi-family affordable housing developments throughout California and other states.
Our client is California-based leader in the financing and development of affordable housing. They are a team of experienced professionals that work to identify and implement timely and cost-effective solutions to provide quality homes for thousands of people. Over the three decades that They’ve been doing business, they have been consistently recognized as a top developer, as well as received achievements in energy, merit, master planning, and projects. Additionally, they have identified as one of the fastest growing privately held companies, and their CEO has been named as one of the most influential business leaders.
Senior Development Manager job requirements:
- Managing, coordinating, and completing the identification, entitlement, development, design, financing (including the obtaining and maintenance of tax credits), syndication, construction, lease-up, stabilization, conversion to permanent financing, and regulatory compliance for assigned projects
- Overseeing the modifications to and progression of the project pro forma in coordination with finance team to analyze possible funding scenarios and to address changes in project sources, uses, operating income and expenses, and other financial assumptions
- Developing and fostering effective relationships internally and externally, including all third parties (e.g., consultants, public funders and private lenders/equity providers, community organizations, architects, construction managers, government liaisons, etc.); leverage relationships while seeking public and private funding sources that enable the team to creatively obtain gap financing
- Facilitating community and public agency support and approval of project plan
- Prepare project-related budgets and schedules, cash flow projections, deal memorandums, financial forecasts and strategic plans
- Managing the due diligence and closing process for complex mixed-finance deals with multiple lenders and governmental stakeholders while creating and executing strategies to prevent conflicts between funding sources
- Ensuring that proposals, applications, and closings meet LIHTC regulations, industry standards and internal deal standards
- Managing the design process to ensure compliance/approval by respective City, State and Federal agencies while developing and implementing solutions if any compliance or approval-related issues arise during construction and property operations
- Understanding and assist in managing incorporation of the general contractors specifications into construction drawings
- Manage preparation and presentation of recurring Project Management Reports including all critical components of a project
- Analyzing funding and development legislation, regulations, policies, and market to determine applicability to projects and compatibility with other program requirements
- Overseeing the management, preparation and presentation of Investment Committee memos/meetings to senior leadership to achieve funding
- Supervising the financing application team and oversee application completion while coordinating with responsible parties.
- Overseeing and managing the lease-up process in conjunction with the Asset Management and Property Management team
- Managing, leading, and mentoring assigned project team members, complete related performance evaluations, and facilitate professional growth and development
- Identifying new, potential affordable housing projects. Take the lead on hand off to the Acquisitions team
- bachelor’s degree and/or graduate degree in business, finance, economics, public administration, community development, planning, or related field,
- plus fifteen (15) plus years of development experience with at least eight (8) of those years in a leadership role within affordable residential housing with an emphasis on multi-family
- a history of leading concurrent project teams through successful affordable multifamily housing developments, extensive knowledge and understanding of affordable multi-family housing developments
- proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) to be successful in this role.
You’ll also need the following attributes:
- Extremely organized with ingrained ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail with focused adherence to strict deadlines and procedures
- Sound problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- High level of integrity and dependability, including handling sensitive and confidential information
- Teamwork mindset and temperament to work effectively with a diverse group of people
- Effective ability to communication clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Genuine desire to work in the real estate development affordable housing industry
- Personal accountability and enthusiasm for achieving company goals
Compensation package includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical (HMO, PPO, HDHP/HSA plans available)
- Dental (HMO and POS)
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Company sponsored Disability and Life insurance
- 401K plan participation with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Flexible work schedule as business needs permit
- Company-wide events
$150k to $175k on an annualized basis, depending on qualifications.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting but may change based on education and experience. Final compensation is determined by various factors, such as education, training, experience, work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions. In addition to salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k), paid time off including a generous holiday schedule.
If this role seems of interest to you and you meet the needs to be successful, apply using the link in the website or email your resume directly to Kipp Gillian for review; kgillian(at)gessearch.com. We will review your application and any of the materials you submit. From that point, we’ll reach out if you’re a fit and introduce you to the hiring manager and move you through the interview process, which will encompass meeting virtually, as well as in-person at our corporate office in Carlsbad and/or project job sites.
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in Affordable Housing Executive Search.