Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
As a Construction Project Manager for this significant, vertically integrated real estate developer you will help oversee the bidding, buyout, and construction management of multifamily projects. You must have a comprehensive understanding of the multifamily construction industry and have key leadership skills to direct all construction activities in an independent manner.
The right candidate would enjoy utilizing their construction management skills to build multifamily projects on behalf of the developer and learning how to be the owner’s representative on projects in which they use 3rd party general contractors. In this capacity you will further your skills as not only a construction manager but also a development manager assisting in entitlements, design, consultant selection, consultant management and more. There is no ceiling in what you can achieve with this client.
Initial Projects: Upon being hired you will be a part of 4 multifamily projects (not all concurrent) in Southern California (plus additional projects in the pipeline).
- 2 Garden style, “walk-up” multifamily projects where-in our client is self-performing as the general contractor. Most contracts will have been bought out but you should be able to assist in any outstanding buy-out items and run the project as a general contractor.
- 2, 4-story “wrap” multifamily projects where-in our client will utilize 3rd party general contractors but you will oversee the projects as the Owner’s Representative
- Proven record of accomplishment of managing projects and field personnel to ensure on-time, on-budget results.
- Ability to work with the project team to ensure complete construction documentation and specifications.
- Manage the bidding, buyout, and subcontract negotiations as General Contractor or Owner/Builder for all aspects of the work.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and understand complex construction documents including architectural, civil engineering, structural engineering, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, landscape, and others.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction contracts, and contract documentation.
- Knowledge of construction laws and regulatory environment.
- Thorough understanding of the administrative and documentation aspects of construction.
- Understanding of industry safety procedures and protocol.
- Manage design-build subcontractors through design and construction.
- Ability to produce and manage detailed project critical path timelines using Microsoft Project.
- Must have advanced skills working with spreadsheets and be able to conduct construction budget analysis and management using Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format. Experience with Timberline or other industry job cost accounting systems a plus.
- Conduct value engineering and constructability analysis.
- Produce conceptual estimates based on schematic plans.
- Communicate clearly in writing and verbally with senior management.
- Maintain industry knowledge for current best practices, construction costs, and products.
- Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum experience: 5+ years in a construction management position with a developer-builder and/or general contractor.
- Must have the experience to work independently in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of variability.
- Ability to identify and implement process improvement.
Our client has been building extraordinary multifamily communities on the west coast for more than decades. They are a sophisticated, full service urban real estate company with collaborative teams and in-house expertise in acquisitions, design, development ,financing, construction They thrive when enhancing and adding to the fabric of the existing communities in which they build.
Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search
recruiters in real estate development and construction management