Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
This position is NOT remote
Our client is a privately-owned, U.S. company positioned to invest more than $1 billion in workforce housing in California over the next two years. They are a national brand, currently focused in Los Angeles where the area is experiencing a massive housing affordability crisis and rents are rising faster than incomes! They are a vertically integrated real estate company which has developed just under 6 billion dollars of real estate, including ground-up residential rental and for-sale apartments, adaptive re-use and historic conversions, student housing, community facility development, retail, and office.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, coach and supervise portfolio Leasing Managers and Property Managers (third-party, when applicable).
- Oversee day-to-day operations, manage the site teams, complete quarterly audits, recommend maintenance and capital improvements.
- Evaluate the staff of each community in regard to leasing and operational guidelines.
- Ensure that all staff members provide the highest level of service to residents and commercial tenants.
- Meet budgeted income, expense and leasing goals for the portfolio.
- Work with ownership to maintain and improve the value of the assets.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with Leasing and Property Managers to keep them apprised of current issues and deadlines.
- Oversight of the annual budget process for each asset.
- Review the financial operations of each property on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate market conditions with each Leasing and Property Manager to determine market rents in accordance with the market and budgeted goals. Shop competitors and maintain market contacts to stay abreast of changing market conditions.
- Assist each Property Manager in the development of an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a periodic basis.
- Coordinate all construction and maintenance projects including planning, vendor engagement and bidding, progress inspections, timeline (scheduling) and approval of completed projects.
- Assist with asset management responsibilities, including internal reporting/analysis, benchmarking asset performance, due diligence of potential acquisitions and additional analytic responsibilities as opportunities arise.
- Assists with the coordination within the assigned portfolio to ensure capital projects are completed on time and within budget in cooperation with the architects, general contractors and/or any additional third parties
- Utilizes company real-estate software to achieve business objectives including Yardi, Textura
- Collaborate with Development, Construction, Asset Management, and Accounting teams as needed.
- Participates in due-diligence studies and provides guidance to the Acquisitions Department for potential acquisition/disposition.
- Oversees reporting output for the portfolio to ensure accuracy and completion. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in property management experience (market rate and affordable housing experience is best)
- Must have experience managing Property Managers.
- Commercial/retail experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university or job-related experience required.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to gather information required to make educated decisions.
- Knowledge of Yardi Property Management software a plus.
Compensation: 150-170K plus annual performance bonuses
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in recruiting for asset management, property operations and property management recruiting.