Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Vice President of Acquisitions will direct and oversee all aspects of our client’s South Bay (Los Angeles) California land/property acquisition process. Our client is a privately owned counter-cyclical investor/developer and one of the strongest multifamily organizations in Orange County. They do not rely on institutional capital and can fully fund all their initiatives. They are in a wonderful position to capitalize on today’s market conditions so now is the time to join this amazing group.
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING: The candidate that takes on this position must be a true South Bay property expert with the transaction history to prove it. You must have a passion for acquisitions, high intelligence, a strong internal drive, be goal oriented and possess superb rainmaking abilities. You will be creating opportunities that the company will tackle.
This is a “sleeves rolled-up” position that would fit an aggressive land acquisitions individual or broker in the South Bay area that has intimate knowledge of the region’s commercial office and retail space. We will also consider the same from the residential sector.
Our client is looking for 2 great deals/year. You must have the confidence to walk in and pull that off! They expect you to scour the South Bay market for the best possible opportunities. Our client has full capabilities to fund and close on deals quickly. You will have a behemoth behind you!
Why the South Bay? That market is urning for modern luxury multifamily product to replace dilapidated buildings that were developed decades ago. The demographic suits a wave of new product, and our client aims to give it to them.
Major tasks include but are not limited to:
- Site acquisition and underwriting working with company principals
- Work with internal entitlement team and city staff to support entitlement efforts
- Financial and market analysis
- Transaction structuring
- Term sheet and contract negotiations
- Create initial site/concept plan
- Manage and develop internal team
- Manage and coordinate external consultants
Necessary Qualities and Attributes for this position:
- Seasoned dedicated housing professional
- Independent, creative, strategic thinker
- People person who confronts issues relationally not transactionally
- Driven to be the best
- Possesses a hands on and humble attitude towards work and is willing to learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Must be a very strong acquisition candidate that can also support existing entitlement team.
Compensation: This position will be very highly commission incentivized with a reasonable base salary/draw and strong benefits. The incentive structure will be determined based on the candidate’s abilities, but this will be a lucrative/coveted position for the right individual.
Contact: Kipp Gillian, CEO, Gillian Executive Search
email@example.com | 866-600-0437 x 1