Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
As a Development Associate you will be responsible for the management of one (1) or more projects from inception to conclusion with the oversite and guidance from a Development Manager; and will assist on additional active projects in all aspects of development including, but not limited to, entitlements, design, financial analysis and modeling, deal memo preparation, due diligence, legal oversight, budgeting, and construction.
Our client is a California-based award-winning leader in the financing and development of affordable housing. They have been identified as one of the fastest growing privately held companies, and their CEO has been named as one of the most influential business leaders. They are passionate about affordable housing and their people. We welcome you to join their amazing team in north San Diego County, California.
Additionally, your tasks will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing project proforma, development cost and cash flows; researching and understanding funding sources
- Compiling detailed financing applications for various federal, state and local funding programs such as low-income housing tax credits and tax-exempt bonds
- Working with lenders, investors, and project teams to “close” the deal
- Managing consultants, including architects, engineers, energy, and other consultants in conjunction with the entitlement team
- Overseeing project deliverables and keeping team on track
- Coordinating and/or assisting with applying for and obtaining land use approvals and building permits
- Assisting in preparation of community outreach documents and attending community outreach meetings
- Coordinating and/or assisting in preparing budgets and schedules, cash flow projections, deal memorandums, financial forecasts, and strategic plans
- Assisting in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows, managing project deliverables, attending draw meetings, and coordinating with construction managers
- Assisting in meeting lease up targets and coordinating with property management company.
You’ll use your bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, public administration, community development, planning or a related field, plus five (5) years of experience within affordable residential housing with an emphasis on multi-family, a history of involvement with project teams within successful affordable multi-family housing developments, comprehensive knowledge and understanding of affordable or multi-family housing or real estate development, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) to be successful in this role. You may also have an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill, and abilities have been attained.
- Extremely organized with ingrained ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail with focused adherence to strict deadlines and procedures
- Sound problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
- High level of integrity and dependability, including handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Teamwork mindset and temperament to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Effective ability to communication clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Genuine desire to work in the real estate development affordable housing industry.
- Personal accountability and enthusiasm for achieving company goals.
Benefit package includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical (HMO, PPO, HDHP/HSA plans available)
- Dental (HMO and POS)
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
- Company sponsored Disability and Life insurance
- 401K plan participation with company match
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Flexible work schedule as business needs permit
- Company-wide events
$90k to $105k on an annualized basis, depending on qualifications. This could increase based on your range of experience. The position itself could be elevated to Senior Development Associate of Project Manager.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting but may change based on education and experience. Final compensation is determined by various factors, such as education, training, experience, work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions. In addition to salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, 401(k), paid time off including a generous holiday schedule.
What Comes Next
Apply here at Gillian Executive Search and discuss this opportunity and your experience with Kipp Gillian or a member of his staff. You can reach Kipp at 866-600-0437 x 1 or email him at kgillian(at)gessearch(dot)com.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We encourage applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Commitment Statement
- Our client acknowledges that historic and ongoing discrimination results in a society where certain groups are disadvantaged in ways that are not always obvious.
- They understand that a commitment to racial equity and inclusion is not always easy, is not always comfortable, and is not always expedient. It is nevertheless a commitment we have chosen to make.
- Their commitment to racial equity and inclusion is evidenced by their demonstrated actions to address the unique housing needs of Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and other marginalized groups. They intentionally develop and manage affordable housing that addresses the needs of historically marginalized, and disenfranchised populations.
- They celebrate and encourage diversity in all forms and promote equity and inclusion through their practices, policies, systems, and behaviors.
- Their commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is embedded in all aspects of their work. They intentionally create an inclusive environment where their internal team, external clients, and contracted service providers are valued and supported.
Gillian Executive Search is the leader in affordable housing development and construction recruitment
866-600-0437 | info(at)gessearch.com