Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
DEVELOPMENT PROJECT MANAGER – MULTIFAMILY
Our client is a highly respected, vertically integrated real estate development company that excells in the development and management of all product types in the rental multifamily market. Their disciplined strategy and extensive market analysis, allow them reduce risk, increase efficiencies, in order to provide valuable solutions for reliable growth opportunities fortheir investment platform. The are currently in search of a great Development Manager that will Oversee, direct due diligence, plan development, budgeting, implementation, scheduling, and oversight (as needed) of construction on projects from conception to completion. Communicates directly with senior management concerning project cost and scheduling…
- Assistant Project Manager & Project Administrator (as assigned)
- 3rd party consultants
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for project specific due diligence items. Prepares and creates project budgets and schedules during due-diligence based upon available project
- Recommends and negotiates contracts for architects, engineers, landscape architects, soils, environmental consultants, utility consultants and other consultants during due
- Responsible for directing the development of project construction documents subject to the Vice President of Development’s approval of
- Oversee project management of specific projects including direct responsibility for obtaining all permits, discretionary approvals, licenses and bonds as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quality and budget control of assigned projects, as applicable
- Understands and communicates project conditions, budgets, schedules, agreements and jurisdictional requirements to senior management and joint venture
- Leads and directs the work of department team
- Initiate and coordinate pre-construction with select GC partners in partnership with the VP of Construction
- Assist in the mentoring and professional development of Assistant Project Managers and Administrative
- Leads or is a member of organizational working groups to stream line processes and
Minimum Job Requirements (Include education, experience, special skills, licenses, certifications):
- Three years prior experience as a Develpoment Project Manager for an apartment developer with experience in a wide variety of product types (garden, wrap, podium, ).
- Extensive experience working with a variety of jurisdictional agencies, including Cities, Counties, Water Boards, USACE, DTSC,
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and
- MBA or Masters in Urban Planning preferred.
- Must be team-oriented.
Physical Demands (Include lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing, sitting):
- Must be mobile and able to perform the physical requirements of the job, bending, kneeling, stooping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
- Ability to sit and work at a computer for long periods of time
- Able to move intermittently throughout the work day and between divisions
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 and push up to 20lbs. as necessary
Compensation: $140K-160K base salary (based on experience) plus performance bonus up to 30%
Gillian Executive Search – recruiters in real estate development