Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client is a community development corporation serving Ventura, Santa Barbara and Los Angeles Counties. OUR CLIENT’s core program areas are: the development and construction of multi-family rental housing for very-low, low, and moderate income families; property management; and resident and community services.
An industry leader since 1981, OUR CLIENT has built 45 affordable housing developments totaling close to 1,700 ownership and rental units. It currently has an ownership interest in 1,121 rental units that it manages. OUR CLIENT has an annual operating budget of $5,800,000 and multiple projects in the early stages of development.
OUR CLIENT Property and Asset Management Philosophy
OUR CLIENT’s philosophy is that excellent property management is an essential part of its overall construction of affordable housing activities. OUR CLIENT provides a superior living environment for its residents. OUR CLIENT implements a team management approach to its work with particular coordination between its activities within its Property Management, Real Estate Development and Resident and Community Services Divisions.
Reporting directly to the Director of Property Management, the Regional Property Supervisor will assist in the development and monitoring of company policies and procedures related to property management. Responsible for the recruitment, training, development, and supervision of Resident Managers and Maintenance staff in the residential rental portfolio. Have a significant focus on ensuring that the physical asset and performance of OUR CLIENT properties are managed to the expectations of our investors. The major duties and responsibilities for this position include:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES PERSONNEL & ADMINISTRATION:
LEASE/HOUSE RULES & COMPLIANCE
FINANCIAL & ASSET:
• Prepare annual budgets for each property in the rental portfolio, including budgets
for RD, HCD, HUD, CalHFA.
• Ensure that all collections are done timely, 3-Day Notices are done timely, and that
Leases and Changes of Lease Terms are completed properly in collaboration with
Compliance Specialist and legal counsel.
• Ensure that all resident managers follow proper procedures with regard to
security deposits dispositions.
• Review property vacancy reports, aged receivables, resident delinquency, and other financial reports to ensure financial profitability of portfolio.
• Participate in the CNA process. Analyze properties and collaborate with Accounting and Construction/Maintenance for use of capital expenses that could be associated with replacement reserves.
• Provide support to Resident Managers regarding utility billing and HAP payments.
• Prepare Annual Budget for each designated property.
• Implement approved rent increases.
• Review financial reports, prepare monthly variance reports and discuss expenses with resident managers.
• Ensure that petty cash replenishment requests, and other required financial needs are completed properly and submitted timely.
• Assess and determine appropriate rent concessions requests.
• Review financial reports and discuss expenses with resident managers.
RESIDENT RELATIONS & OPERATIONS:
• Visit each property at a minimum twice per month.
• Attend resident meetings at each property.
• Timely address resident related issues.
• Oversee incident reporting & resolutions with all parties involved.
• Ensure grounds are monitored daily to ensure safety and superior curb appeal.
• Develops and maintains relationships with suppliers, vendors, contractors, and all others serving the community.
• Review waiting list at each of the properties and identify/support necessary marketing efforts to replenish the pool of applications.
• Prepare physical condition reports for all the properties on a monthly basis with an action plan to address corrections.
• Submit Property Status Reports to the Director of Property Management. Ensure that all properties follow/conduct the bi-annual unit inspections and that any corrections are addressed.
• Assist with the lease renewal process. Analyze resident turnover.
• Support effective resident retention programs with Resident and Community Services, RCS.
• Walk-through vacant units for assessment of conflicting reported information.
• Assist with after hour emergencies for the properties.
• Meet with the Director of Property Management on a regular basis. Date and time to be determined.
REQUIRED WORK EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Must have minimum 5 years property management experience at a supervisory level.
• Must have 3 years of Tax Credit practical experience (tax credit certification a plus).
• Must have HOME and US-RDA experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in nonprofit housing management.
• Experience with Yardi Property and Asset Management software.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Computer proficient in Microsoft platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Experience facilitating and capturing engagement in group settings; public speaking.
• Strong sense of professionalism.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish), both written and oral.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize workload, and meet pressing and competing deadlines.
• Positive attitude and ability to instill teamwork among staff.
• Sensitive to the needs and concerns of low-income persons.
• Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university or college.
• Experience working in the field(s) of community development, housing, and/or economic development.
• SCHM certification.
Client IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER