Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
JOB DESCRIPTION In the context of sustained growth, our client is looking to add to the development team for the company. The company is managed by the President with support and coordination from company staff members.
PRIMARY FUNCTION The position is based in Rancho Cordova, CA (Sacramento area) and reports to the President in the Frisco, Texas office. The Development Manager will act as the firm’s lead and primary point of contact for new ground-up multifamily development projects from inception all the way through completion and stabilization including assisting with in-house asset management and lease up.
- Research, build relationships and expertise about apartment markets in targeted cities.
- Identify, underwrite, and close on land acquisitions for multifamily development projects.
- Prepare financial, physical, and entitlement analyses of prospective acquisitions.
- Prepare and manage detailed project proformas and financial models in Microsoft Excel.
- Work with Construction team to develop and update cost estimates for project as well as incorporate costs within larger project budget.
- Engage with city and community stakeholders to secure support for prospective projects with the assistance of management and consultants.
- Organize, lead and obtain all necessary entitlements and permits for projects.
- Evaluate, select, engage, and manage architects, engineers, and other consultants.
- Manage the design process to reflect the desired vision via the architecture and engineering team to meet business plan goals.
- preparation and presentation of internal and external investment presentations After commencement of construction this individual acts as the Owner’s representative and responsibilities include:
- Participate in all owner-architect-contractor (OAC) meetings and lead coordination efforts to ensure design and construction issues are being resolved by the project team.
- Manage, review, produce and circulate meeting minutes, submittals, RFIs, change orders field observation and other regular reporting to the project team and appropriate parties.
- Lead review of all phases of schematic design, design development, and construction documents to ensure proper coordination of project team.
- Work with the Construction and Legal teams to identify potential contractors, obtain bids, negotiate terms, and execute construction and consultant contracts.
- Actively seek to identify and implement value engineering and cost saving opportunities.
- Secure, review, and monitor construction schedules.
- Prepare and compile information to help obtain and manage construction loans, permanent loans, and other financing.
- Manage project budgets and engage in job cost accounting and loan draw processes.
- Ensure that insurance requirements are attained and adhered to.
- Work with accounting staff to produce monthly budget forecast and manage any variances.
- Perform periodic site visits to maintain contact with the construction manager and general contractor team to monitor project progress and handle issues in person.
- Oversee and assist as necessary with construction manager and contractor to manage inspector and other pertinent regulatory agency relationships.
- Lead and coordinate the pay application process with the construction manager and accounting staff.
- Work with the construction manager to ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget, and to the required quality standard.
- Collaborate and solve project problems to enable work to proceed.
- Identify and manage opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on the project’s schedule and financial outcome.
- Help coordinate transition from construction to residential operations and initial occupancy.
- Prepare regular reports and project summaries on the status of the project.
- Provide monthly project and budget updates and as warranted to company’s executives.
- Coordinate with asset management, property management, and consultants to develop a comprehensive marketing, branding and leasing campaign with all the required materials and collateral.
- Coordinate the opening and furnishing of the clubhouse, leasing office, and model units. PROFILE Key Competencies:
- Ability to closely and effectively work with Company leadership
- High level of energy and ability to get along with all personality types
- Self-sufficient and able to prioritize and delegate
- Maintain attention to detail while able to see the big picture
- Experience using Microsoft Office and Procore
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Ability to meet short deadlines
- Flexibility, ability to adjust to changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Integrity and ability to manage confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to capture key elements and decision points, supported by good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to gather critical information
- Effective team player
- Ability to manage stress and positively shape his/her environment
o Degree or professional certification in engineering, architecture, real estate development, or business, or comparable training and experience
o Minimum of five years in real estate development o Experience with multifamily development projects preferred
o Experience in multiple aspects of the real estate development process (acquisitions, financial analysis, entitlement, design, pre-construction, construction management, marketing)
o Experience in privately held mid-size company or real estate development company
o MS Excel proficient
o MS Project proficient
o Procore proficient an advantage
CONTACT: Kipp Gillian, Gillian Executive Search, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org, 866-600-0437x 1
Gillian Executive Search – recruiters in real estate development, construction management and architecture.