Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our Client is looking for a Development Associate who will have direct responsibilities for the pre-development underwriting and entitlements. As traditional shopping center properties are being repurposed to mixed-use assets. RESIDENTIAL, office, medical office, and bio-science space, and limited hotel space are all in play, and our client is committed to strategically transforming these retail assets into vibrant mixed-use properties that not only connect communities but deliver ongoing returns to tenants and investors. They are one of nation’s premier operating group of retail-led properties. With more than $3 billion in retail assets currently under management and a keen focus on enhancing the value and quality of a growing portfolio, our client is dedicated to creating a unique strategic vision for each property and exceeding the highest expectations of our investors, neighborhoods, and customers.
The Development Associate will assist the EVP of Development with the full range of development activities for redeveloping retail properties into mixed-use assets with an emphasis on residential and office (but candidates need to understand as many property types as possible). The activities include but are not limited to underwriting a land residual for the highest and best value for each proposed development, entitlement, financing, design, and construction administration of acquired redevelopment properties on behalf of our Client.
Position is based Los Angeles – CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market analysis, site viability and conditions, zoning assessments, and other due diligence related to site acquisition and development feasibility.
- Underwriting or pro forma analysis of potential development projects
- Develop preliminary feasibility analyses for redevelopment opportunities; supervise brokers and attorneys in the negotiation of purchase and sale agreements; coordinate and review preliminary site due diligence; participate in initial development concept; and manage escrow closing and loan disbursement process.
- Assist Development Team in securing the appropriate approvals, entitlements, permits, etc. from city and other government agencies: Assist with the entitlement and land use approval process: supervise third party consultants, including architects and entitlement consultants; prepare and submit entitlement development applications, and work with city officials to secure approval; and participate in community outreach and public hearings.
- Assist with the preparation of competitive proposals for land dispositions: develop preliminary feasibility analyses for new development opportunities; work with public agencies to determine RFP/ RFQ requirements; and prepare development proposals in response.
- Assist with securing financing: prepare loan and grant applications; work with public agencies and conventional lenders and investors to secure predevelopment, construction, and permanent financing; and assist with public agency and lender compliance requirements.
- Manage the development budget and schedules for assigned projects: Assist with project design: work with architect to define development program and site plan; communicate company’s design standards and program requirements; and work with general contractor to estimate project costs and ensure conceptual design is within budget.
- Negotiate and draft contract terms and scope with design consultants and contractors.
- Oversight of project contractors and consultants: Assist with construction administration: attend construction job site meetings and act as Owner’s Representative during construction.
- Assist with transition to operations: work with the Asset Management to coordinate initial lease-up, construction close-out, and punch-list and warranty items.
- Provide administrative support to the EVP of Development and perform other duties as may be necessary to further OUR CLIENT’s mission.
- A bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of direct experience in the underwriting of real estate development, procurement of said entitlements
- Direct experience in real estate development and finance, land use and entitlement, property due diligence and acquisition, and site planning and design; interest in sustainable design and multifamily housing.
- Ability to initiate and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with colleagues, project team members, consultants, local government agencies, lenders/investors, and community stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills; good client and public presentation skills; and excellent oral and written communication skills. MOTIVATED.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; capacity to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an efficient and timely manner; ability to work well under pressure; and ability to successfully meet project deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial and creative approach to problem-solving in the field of real estate development; enthusiasm and team building spirit.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including sophisticated real estate financial analysis using MS Excel.
Compensation – competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits, and strong career growth.
To Apply you may send your information directly to:
Kipp Gillian | CEO | Gillian Executive Search
firstname.lastname@example.org | 866-600-0437 x1
Or simply click the APPLY link and upload your information.
Gillian Executive Search – Recruiters in mixed use, multifamily, retail development, design and construction