Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client is a privately-held, real-estate investment and operating company that focuses on commercial and industrial properties in major U.S. markets. Founded in 1986, they have invested more than $6B in properties across 41 states—having owned, through their affiliated entities, over 400 buildings totaling 35-plus million square feet. Recognizing the growing demand in urban markets, they are one of the early pioneers of converting industrial properties into creative office and media space in Southern California.
- Assist in the preparation (internally and with support of consultants) of building / masterplan concept drawings to assess potential opportunities. This may include assisting in the preparation of initial plans, sketches, designs (2D and 3D), and programs that will serve to assist the greater team in the establishment of a viability and capacity analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of massing and zoning analysis of new sites and projects for potential acquisition, including project size and site requirements, and applicable approvals and permits with the consulting design team.
- Participate in design charrettes to define and align project vision with the development team and stakeholders.
o Assist in the preparation of the development brief and vision.
- Assist in the management of the design development process via regularly scheduled coordination meetings, workshops, charettes, and digital communications.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the greater project team on pre-construction issues and activities.
- Provide input and assist in the preparation and management of a development program that is consistent with the project business plan.
- Liaise with relevant project team members to ensure timely and appropriate delivery (architectural, engineering, planning, financial, and community).
- Contribute to the overall strategy and preparation of entitlement and design documents – application through approval.
- Assist in the selection of architects, and other design consultant candidates for each project.
- Establish protocols, controls, and schedules that track detailed requirements for various deliverables and approvals.
- Assist in managing the strategy for meeting or exceeding goals for placemaking, innovation, community/stakeholder engagement, and sustainability.
- Work with the development team to deliver design outcomes that enhance value, user experience, and operations.
- Support the development team and Asset Managers in presentations and negotiations to secure planning approvals, including engagement with community stakeholders.
- Review design concepts, floorplans, section, elevations, amenities, and other drawings for the Project on a routine basis and provide feedback, creative design suggestions, directions, and alternatives to the team and architect and other consultants.
- Participate in continual Value Engineering sessions to assure the overall design and budget goals are achieved.
- Contribute research to identify and anticipate design trends and provide advice on building product/ material solutions (e.g. durability/ quality/ sustainability/ unit sizes etc.).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong design and technical skills associated with the development of industry leading projects will be required.
- Skilled at making the complex simple and clearly articulating the essence of the business strategy and important messages in a language and presentation format tailored to the target audience.
- Effectively communicate proposed goals, strategy, and intent of project elements to internal and external stakeholders.
- Be highly conversant and able to research, interpret, and define with local planning processes, codes, and regulations.
- Highly collaborative and organized with robust, clear, and consistent communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in problem solving.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Architecture, Urban Design, Urban Planning, or a similar Built Environment/Real Estate related discipline. Secondary degrees (MArch, MRED, MBA, etc.) and professional accreditations are preferred.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with commercial and/or studio/media-oriented programs including individual buildings and master plan scale development.
- Experience with mid to large scale urban redevelopment and/or adaptive reuse.
- Proficient, at a minimum in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Suite (PS, ID, AI), Microsoft Office.
TO APPLY In addition to a current resume, applicants will be required to submit a Portfolio of their work product in order to be considered for this role. The duties listed in this Job Description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified. SEND YOUR INFORMATION TO:
Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Seach, Inc.
Recruiters in real estate development
email@example.com | 866-600-0437 x 1