Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Project Manager-Development (Fairfield, California) , under the general direction and supervision of the Vice President of Real Estate coordinates rental and for sale housing developments for the organization. This primarily includes projects in acquisition, development and construction process, and ensuring ongoing project technical and financial feasibility. Works with development staff to manage the professional consultants including architects, civil engineers, and coordinates the development and construction activities of the approved projects to achieve successful project transition.
Our client is developer and owner of affordable multi-family housing throughout Northern California with expansion underway in Southern California. A 35 year successful history has allowed the organization to assemble a portfolio of properties along the I-80 corridor from Fairfield into Sacramento. Recapitalization of these assets has created the physical and financial resources for the organization to launch into a strategic direction and growth throughout California. Planned projects include new construction and renovations of existing affordable multifamily rental property. They are an organization that promotes equity, diversity and inclusion to all our employees and encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
(1) Plans, coordinates and implements development activities of mixed use, mixed income affordable rental and for sale housing.
(2) Supervises and coordinates activities of project consultants, including but not limited to architects, civil engineers, legal counsel, economic consultants, and other development staff and/or contracted professionals.
(3) Proposes and is proficient with preparing cost estimates, development budgets, physical feasibility models including plan and design review, adhering to public financing requirements.
***(MUST be familiar with the public financing sources, such as the federal Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program, TCAC rules and regs, HOME, MHP, AHP, and others.
(4) Understands the development and construction process and can prepare and maintain working budgets and schedules.
(5) Will be able to review, and negotiate construction related documents and other technical agreements.
(6) Will facilitate new project opportunities within the private development community including community inclusionary affordable housing needs.
(7) Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with municipalities, planning and community development departments, and various other agencies including both state and federal governments.
(8) Reviews and approves, with the VP/ Director of Development’s oversight, adequate strategic plans for rental and for sale housing developments and participates in the pipeline of opportunities.
(9) Monitors and reviews project performance against financial and technical assumptions. Provides project reports to Vice President of Real Estate to ensure the coordination of development activities with construction team, and property and asset management.
ACCOUNTABILITIES: The Project Manager-Development is responsible for the performance of the development and construction management to enhance the production of all projects including the affordable rental and for sale housing, including but not limited to the following:
(1) Responsible to the VP/ Director of Real Estate for administration and management of the deal specific matters including the proper interpretation and fulfillment of his/her functions, responsibilities, authority, and relationships.
(2) Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive, productive relationships with public and private development entities. Establishes and maintains relationships with other community organizations, as well as within the private development community, as are desirable or necessary to promote the best interests of the corporation.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: In order to perform the duties described above, the Project Manager-Acquisitions should do/have the following:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor of Arts or Science degree, professional degree and/or certificate in a field related to housing development, such as Construction Management, Business Administration, Architecture, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Real Estate, Finance, or other appropriate field. MBA or MSRD preferred but not required.
* At least three to five years of experience in the acquisition related activities in the field of housing construction and/ or development.
* Real Estate Salesperson and or Broker license is desirable.
* Must have demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Word, and MS Project.
* English proficiency is required. Must have the excellent communication skills including the ability to express him/herself clearly and effectively in both oral and written form.
* Must have ability to obtain and manage external reporting requirements.
* Must have ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with federal, state, regional and local agencies, community leaders, leaders in the development community, and the general public.
* Must have knowledge of modern building principles, practices and methods and techniques.
LINES OF AUTHORITY/RESPONSIBILITY
* Is directly supervised by the Vice President of Real Estate.
* Directly coordinates workload transitions from the Project Manager-Acquisitions and supervises Assistant Project Managers. Assists in supervising other staff when requested or required.
EFFORT AND INITIATIVE
* Must be self-motivated, energetic, and willing to be accountable for efficient delivery of work product.
* Must be able to set priorities independently.
* Must have creativity for solving problems caused by time and space constraints.
* Must have high level of organizational skills.
* Must be flexible and able to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
* Must be open-minded in problem identification, analysis and solution processes.
* Must be a logical, rational thinker.
* Must have excellent active listening skills.
* Must have a high level of patience.
* Must have high powers of concentration and attention to detail.
* Must be able to deal diplomatically and constructively with all clients, contractors, staff, developers, governmental officials, Board members, suppliers, manufacturers, vendors, and other individuals and groups encountered in the course of work.
* Must be able to make recommendations regarding policies, procedures, programs
* Must be able to make independent, autonomous decisions related to supervision of
* Must enjoy supervisory tasks and responsibilities, including team building, staff
meetings and staff communication, and quality control management.
* Must be able to train employees in policies and procedures.
* Must be able to interact with all people encountered in the workplace constructively and positively, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical handicap, disability, medical condition, ancestry, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local law.
Based on experience and skill levels.