Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
The Director of Construction ensures that all projects are built according to approved plans, specifications, drawings, and applicable building codes, and that quality standards are maintained.
Position reports to the CEO
Position can be located in San Diego, Orange, Los Angeles or Sacramento Counties.
Companies Headquarters: San Diego County
• Develops and maintains the construction schedule in conjunction with project team to meet milestones and completion dates
• Leads and/or represents Company at project meetings with internal and external stakeholders to monitor and support the project’s ongoing progression
• Provides strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths to ensure project targets are achieved
• Manages financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses, etc.) to protect Company’s interests and simultaneously maintain relationships with Company’s Clients
• Identifies and manages opportunities and risks to achieve the best possible impact on schedule and financial targets
• Actively seeks to identify and implement all value engineering and cost saving opportunities as approved by the Owner of the Company
• Maintains, tracks, and reports all financial aspects of project including forecasts and billings
• Manages the procurement process including subcontractor / trade / supplier negotiations and awards contracts up to $25,000 if on or under budget
• Plan, organize and recommend staffing of key field positions
• Demonstrates leadership in health, safety and environmental protection on the project
• Applies the company standards, applicable OSHA acts, regulations and codes with all employees and subcontractors on the project
• Foster an environment of, and professionally display alignment with, our company C.A.R.E.S. (Communication; Accountability; Relationships; Excellence; Solutions) values.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction Management and 15 years of progressive construction industry experience including staff supervision; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience
• Ten (10) plus years of project management experience with various multifamily product (podium, wrap, sog etc)
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction documents, drawings, specifications, costs, budgets, and current construction practices and methodology
• Strong knowledge of construction fundamentals with a proven ability to negotiate contracts and change orders
• Advanced technical plan reading and comprehension skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project), Prolog and Bluebeam
• Extremely organized with ingrained ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Keen attention to detail with focused adherence to strict deadlines and procedures
• Sound problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment
• High level of integrity and dependability, including handling sensitive and confidential information
• Teamwork mindset and temperament to work effectively with a diverse group of people
• Effective ability to communication clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
• Genuine desire to work in the affordable housing industry
• Personal accountability and enthusiasm for achieving company goals
Our client is passionate about constructing quality affordable housing. Join the team and you will be a part of an experienced group that provides affordable homes and changes lives. They offer competitive salaries, career paths, a convenient location and excellent benefits including: Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time; Company Holidays; Healthcare Benefits; 401(K); Life Insurance; and Disability.