Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client is a full-service real estate firm that has developed over 18,000 units of quality affordable and market-rate multifamily and mixed-use residential properties in California since its inception in 1989. Our client’s developments range from urban infill, affordable, mixed-income and market rate multifamily developments, and are designed, built and managed to the highest standards regardless of the income level served. Our client prides itself on its track record of consistently developing best-in-class communities that represent industry benchmarks in design, construction, sustainability and property management.
- Provide support to Executive and Project Managers on all aspects of the development process, with a strong emphasis on the affordable housing tax credit application process; providing operational assistance in preparing and managing TCAC and CDLAC applications, RFP submittals, coordinating project meetings, and other administrative tasks.
- Implement corporate policies in the coordination of development of real estate projects. Coordinate consultant contracts and invoices relating to development projects. Monitor budgets for compliance and rectify invoices with consultants.
- Support lease-up and marketing plans, financing applications, contract compliance, coordination of design teams.
- Review project proposals and deliverables with Project Managers and other departments involved to determine proper lead time, funding limitations, procedures, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects.
- Performs all manner of analytical and technical tasks by drafting, examining, reviewing, revising, and analyzing consultant contracts.
- Process daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to ensure all schedules run smoothly, all jobs are completed as prescribed. Verify and confirm all vendor invoices for each project and that all invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Assist in coordinating loan draws, forecasting project budgets and cash flows and managing project deliverables.
- Research and analysis: benchmark economic activity in target markets by tracking rents, sales, operating costs, competitive supply and economic expansion activity.
- Maintain good communication with vendor contacts to ensure dates and scopes are clear. Investigate and resolve or refer disputes in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Handle matters relating to time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines. Inform project team of project status and issues that may impact timelines.
- Set up project files; maintain and track off-site storage of project files, closing binders and other marketing and administrative systems.
- Maintain database and/or central depository of all existing contracts. Oversee and maintain project files of legal and confidential nature. Qualifications
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in real estate, business administration, public policy or planning.
- Strong MS Office, Excel and Word skills are a prerequisite; experience with Project and Power Point a plus.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks and assignments.
- Complex thinker with a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of real estate a plus.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Must be a team player but also a self-started that can perform with limited direction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Call Kipp Gillian | Gilian Executive Search | kgillia (at) gessearch.com | 866-600-0437x 1