Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Director of Redevelopment for the West Coast will be primarily responsible for identifying, planning, and executing value-add multifamily investment projects in NV, CA, HI and AZ. Duties will include but not be limited to: assessing physical asset conditions, evaluating sub-market rent repositioning opportunities, developing and overseeing execution of renovation plans, providing direction to 3rd party operators and general contractors/vendors ensuring the success of the ROI projects, assisting with the review of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts (related to expense and ROI initiatives), additional ad-hoc investment opportunities, project management, and procurement coordination as needed.
- A minimum of 7 years’ work experience in a similar role or 10 years in some combination of the following: real estate development/redevelopment, architecture/design, construction services, asset management, or investment strategy. Preferred experience in areas specific to the multifamily sector.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to produce and effectively evaluate performance reports.
- A strong work ethic, the strength to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment, and an ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to make confident business decisions under tight deadlines.
- Strong real estate investment knowledge (multifamily preferred).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Interaction with personnel at all levels will be required.
- Ability to assess investment risk quickly and effectively.
- Agility to identify and make appropriate adjustments to scopes/specs/production volumes/price as required.
- Travel 50% (ability to travel during 2-3 weeks per month; variable duration between 1-4 days typical.)
- Prior experience with investment modeling, budgeting/forecasting and underlying drivers of operational, financial and cash flow performance.
- Multifamily research experience is preferred (Axio, REIS, MPF, CoStar, Pierce-Eislen, PPR, Real Capital Analytics).
- Experience working at a publicly traded real estate, institutional financial services, or public/private equity firm preferred. In addition, experience in REIT performance metrics and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, architecture, business, or finance, from top tier school.
- MBA or relevant master degree preferred.
- Prior Multi-family submarket investment knowledge.
What we offer:
We know that if we take care of our team everything else will fall into place. We aren’t perfect, but we will try to set very clear expectations, always let you know where you stand, and do everything in our power to help you get where you want to go.
Our culture and values matter to us. A lot. We’re definitely not serious but we take this stuff seriously, if you get what we mean. We want a place that is an ego-free zone. A place where good people do good things together. It shouldn’t be rocket science in workplaces, but for some reason it still is? We’re absolutely determined to be different, and we think we’re doing a pretty good job at it. We have a CEO who makes fun of himself, and who will encourage you to tell him when he is wrong. In fact, he needs people to – we all do. Supportive challenge is good, it’s how we get better. We like getting better. We also love diversity, of all kinds. We need people who look, sound, speak, love, and exist differently from one another. This isn’t at the end of this paragraph because it’s an afterthought. It’s SO important to us we want it to stand out.
Right. On to the technical stuff that we know matters to you. We offer competitive pay that is commensurate with the market and relevant experience, and a full slate of benefits that even includes things like paid parental leave.
If any of this sounds interesting, then maybe we are a fit. Life is too short to work with people you don’t like. So whatever you do, don’t make that mistake.