Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client has a track record over the past decade of providing award- winning solutions to housing. They work every day to achieve their mission of creating life-enhancing affordable housing that transcends the fundamental goal of providing high quality homes by building innovative and sustainable developments with a focus on long-term community engagement. As they usher in their second 10 years they bring a wealth of experience and a glowing reputation. Since their inception in 2012 they have built a portfolio of nearly 3,000 homes with another 1,000 in their pipeline, amounting to over $1.2 billion in total development costs. they’re currently searching for an affordable housing accounting and finance mastermind to join their leadership team as Chief Financial Officer, based out of either their Portland, Oregon or Newport Beach, California office (preference is towards Newport Beach)
As their CFO, your role in executing their financial strategy is critical to supporting their continued growth internally and externally. You are responsible for the strategic direction and development of the accounting team, overseeing the financial operations, ensuring that all financial guardrails are in place to ensure risk-mitigated growth. As a member of the executive team, you will work closely with key leadership to forge strategy as they continue building out their infrastructure.
You will lead the accounting and finance efforts which includes:
- Develop, present, and monitor forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Build financial business plans and forecasts to ensure corporate fiscal Represent the company to financial partners, including lending financial institutions, investors, auditors, and public officials.
- Refine financial tracking and reporting systems regarding affiliate and partnership needs including cash flow, capital accounts and equity with status reports.
- Oversee capital/equity funding installments and draw schedule
- Develop and enforce internal financial controls and
- Oversee monthly, quarterly and yearly book
- Manage relationships with corporate and partnership-level external CPAs; ensure annual audits, tax returns. and management reports are prepared and filed
- Oversee the team responsible for all operational accounting functions such as accounts payable, equity administration and accounting, accounts receivable, payroll, while adhering to best practices and GAAP.
- Support special business development projects in terms of deal evaluation, structure, and due diligence as well as serving on the Investment Committee evaluating the development team’s proposed
- Create multiyear cash flow projections and manage corporate cash flow to optimize use of company
- Manage banking relationships, including lines of credit, maintaining communications with investors and
- Develop recapitalization analysis and oversee activities including project-level refinancing and re-syndication.
- Report on financial risk management, including reporting on key financial risk metrics such as contingent liabilities, guaranty exposures, and related portfolio level operational data.
- Oversee and administer legal entity architecture including structuring and compliance of all existing and new corporate
If the following describes you, they want to hear from you:
- Able to successfully interface and build strong cross-functional relationships with all levels of internal and external partners and team members, finding common ground and solving problems for the good of
- Able to lead and develop direct reports, providing challenging and stretching tasks and assignments while creating strong morale and spirit on the team, managing accountability as
- Strong customer focus, with dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and
- Change is your friend – you embrace it and adapt easily and you’re willing to roll up your sleeves and dig in, finding creative solutions to new and old
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, video, in-person, email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and
- Resourceful, responsible, highly organized, and composed in the face of critical
- High computer/software literacy with financial software and accounting systems. Yardi experience would be a plus but is not
- Thorough understanding of MS Office and Google Workspace, and ability to adapt to new
- Degree in Accounting or Finance (equivalent years of hands-on accounting experience may be substituted).
- 2 years experience in a managerial role in accounting (Controller or higher) or finance (VP of Finance of higher) for a real estate developer, owner-operator, or a closely related business in the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit
- Prior experience creating, updating and implementing financial controls and procedures is
- Advanced FP&A skills to develop and manage complex financial models and
- Broad working knowledge of financial concepts and general awareness of overall market
- Experience in public accounting as a CPA is a plus, but not
Please submit your resume to Kipp Gillian | Gillian Executive Search (email@example.com). they would also love to gather a bit more information about you, so either in a cover letter or email response please include which of their two locations (Newport Beach, CA or Portland, OR) you are interested in and how you learned about this role.
If applying on the Gillian Executive Search website please click “APPLY” and follow the instructions. Thank you!
Gillian Executive Search is a highly respected executive search firm in affordable housing development