Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
The Preconstruction Manager is an essential member of a high visibility team responsible for delivering exceptional and trusted preconstruction services to the construction division of the company. This role provides critical data inputs for preconstruction projects that are necessary for the team to fulfill its obligations to internal and external stakeholders. In the position, the Preconstruction Manager will develop an increased level of proficiency in the time and cost implications associated with construction: cultivating a fundamental knowledge of the relationship between building systems, the construction process, construction costs, and construction schedules.
Working with a team of construction executives and project managers, the Preconstruction Manager manages the execution and completion of all preconstruction activities, working to ensure that assigned new construction jobs are set up in accordance with our client’s standards and local regulatory or other requirements. The Preconstruction Manager oversees initial project set-up, coordinates utility company accounts, provides constructability review, analyzes bids, attends OAC meetings and oversees other preconstruction job site activities to ensure smooth and efficient commencement of onsite construction activities.
The Preconstruction Manager role delivers invaluable day-to-day support in producing a full suite of preconstruction services. These services may include feasibility studies, budget estimates from conceptual design to final bidding, comparative studies, and value engineering. NOTE: A candidate with around 5 years serving as a Project Engineer or Assistant Project Manager with solid field knoweldge coupled with strong computer analytics in bidding and spreading could be a good candidate for this as well.
Our client is a developer, self-perfomring builder, owner and operator of Luxury MarketRate Multifamily, Quality worforce housing, Senior Housing and even industrial projects. It is one of the largest real estate developers in the United states.
What you will do:
- Plan and execute preconstruction services for new jobsites within assigned region.
- Manage and oversee initial project set up for assigned job sites, including trailer, dumpsters, furniture, office supplies, storage containers, temporary power, internet, aerials, copier, signage, statutory postings.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure utilities are coordinated, including establishment of utility accounts, deposits, cash bonds, both temporary and permanent.
- Coordinate site conditions, logistics and schedule requirements with construction leadership.
- Working independently, collaborates with jobsite staff on all preconstruction services and set up.
- Provide constructability reviews.
- Assist with conceptual estimating.
- Develop project scopes and buyout packages for subcontractors to bid.
- Analyze bids and make recommendations regarding same.
- Develop GMP estimates.
- Facilitate and guide Value Engineering process.
- Assist construction team with buyout awards.
- Attend OAC meetings in the capacity of owner representative.
- Provide direction for RFI responses as needed.
- Assist with permitting and permit corrections.
- Participate in negotiation of owner agreements.
- Minimize gaps in design and subcontractors’ scopes, and work to ensure that company design and brand standards are met.
- Mentor and coach team members.
- Assist with development of worksite contingency plans for unforeseen conditions.
- Implement proactive risk mitigation strategies and promote company safety culture.
- Any other tasks assigned or directed.
What You Will Need To Succeed:
- A high school diploma is required, and a bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Supervisory and leadership skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates.
- Dependable, punctual, reliable.
- Ability to work a schedule that may include hours other than 8-5 Monday through Friday, depending on business needs.
What You Will Receive:
- Professional and upbeat work environment
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- Generous paid time off including vacation, sick, holiday, birthday and volunteer time
- Low Premiums for Medical, dental and vision coverage; including access to telemedicine
- Paid parental leave for eligible new parents
- Flexible spending account
- Health saving account with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Positive attitude and able to adapt quickly
- Passion for construction and our industry; ability to recognize and seek quality
- Self-motivated and proactive – takes initiative and seeks responsibility
- Integrity – behaves consistently with client’s core values
- Self-development – seeks continuous improvement of knowledge and abilities
- Teamwork and Collaboration – is able to work collaboratively with people of various backgrounds and styles
- Relationships – fosters positive relationships with colleagues, clients, subcontractors, and vendors
- Organization and time management – is able to organize and manage tasks and priorities
- Respectful – is punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others
- Resilient – able to adapt well in the face of multiple and sometimes shifting priorities and deadlines
- Analytical – is a capable problem solver, optimizer, and critical thinker
- Base Salary between 135,000 – 150,000 depending on level of experience
- Annual bonus of $25,000
- $2,500/project bonus paid out at project start
Gillian Executive Search – recruiters in multifamily preconstruction and construction management