Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Great opportunity to learn about affordable housing development! Main thing we need is some familiarity with supporting a real estate construction project either from a a development, architectural, engineering, construction or subcontracting administration background.
This position would be great for a solid Administrative Assistant, Project Engineer or even a Paralegal that wants a and opportunity in affordable housing real estate development.
Our client is seeking an Assistant Development Manager for its Palm Springs office. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Palm Springs Development Manager in all aspects of their projects including entitlements, due diligence, design, contracting, financing applications and transactions, construction. The position is a key support position that will provide the candidate exposure to all aspects of the affordable housing development process. So if you’ve ever wanted a chance to get into real estate development….this is it!
Client is a non-profit developer of affordable housing in Northern and Southern California
- Handle matters relating to time sensitive material and meet multiple deadlines. Inform project team of project status and issues that may impact timelines.
- Set up project files; maintain and track off-site storage of project files, closing binders and other marketing and administrative systems.
- Maintain database and/or central depository of all existing contracts. Oversee and maintain project files of legal and confidential nature.
- College degree is desired but not required.
- Strong MS Office, Excel and Word skills are a prerequisite; experience with Project and Power Point a plus.
- Strong organization skills with an ability to manage multiple deadlines, tasks and assignments.
- Complex thinker with a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of working in real estate, construction process, design or engineering company a plus
- Keen attention to detail.
- High energy; possessed with drive.
- Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Must be a team player but also a self-started that can perform with limited direction.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- California Driver’s license as the position will, from time-to-time, need to drive between Coachella and Palm Springs to take jobsite photos and attend meetings.