Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client has consistently ranked as one to the top 2 multifamily developers in the entire country. They consistently outperform the market by building a variety of product from luxury market-rate multifamily, senior and even workforce housing. They are exploding with projects throughout southern California and are presently in need of a strong Senior level Project Manager to preside over multifamily construction projects in San Diego county.
Our client loves the San Diego market so this will be a major hire for them and a fantastic position for anyone that has experience building in San Diego and looking to stay there for the long term! Gillian Executive Search is under contract with this company to fill this an other positions throughout California.
Our client is an owner-builder and this position will be on the self-performing construction team which has some of the best leadership in the country. Projects mainly consist of wrap and podium. The position will have fantastic support both onsite and from the corporate office. The best candidates will have already overseen ground up construction of 2 to 4 multifamily developments, have experience in buy-out, know the local subs (and be regarded by most of them).
WE NEED A COUPLE HEAVY HITTER SENIOR PROJECT MANAGERS FOR OUR CLIENT.
Solid MF PM for Mission Valley San Diego (500 unit wrap) $200-220 base plus $90k project bonus
Solid MF PM for Keanry Mesa San Diego (450 unit wrap) $185-200k base with $75k project bonus.
- Oversee (currently) two major multifamily projects in the San Diego market.
- Our client loves the San Diego market so this will be a major hire for them and a fantastic position for anyone that has experience building in San Diego and looking to stay there for the long term!
- Review thoroughly and maintain current knowledge of contracts for projects under supervisions
- Draft and manage subcontract and supply agreements
- Initiate and maintain all required project schedules
- Implement and administer Quality Assurance Plan in accordance with the established quality guidelines
- Implement administrative procedures for the project that satisfy the contract requirements and all items necessary for the efficient and proper execution of the work. All procedures are to be in accordance with established clients’s policies
- Examine all construction documents for appropriate construction details and completeness of information, potential design deficiencies, code violations, and constructability
- Create an Internal Progress Report (IPR) on a monthly basis that contains schedules and targeted dates of completion
- Establish and maintain professional and effective relations with the Development Team, Architects, and at the Construction Executives direction, meeting with them on a regular basis to review all aspects of the project and budgets
- Assure that applications for payment are promptly and properly submitted, payments promptly received, and funds properly dispersed to subcontractors and suppliers
- Provide notices as required by all subcontract agreements as necessary to document substandard performance by subcontractors
- Coordinate and direct the estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, and construction functions as they relate to the project
- Provide written documentation for important events, requests, instructions, and conversations and copy interested parties
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings such as Staff meetings, Subcontractor, safety meetings, and meetings with office personnel assigned to your project
- Verify that a subcontract agreement or purchase order is executed and that all insurance requirements have been satisfied and are in compliance with client’s policies prior to subcontractor mobilizing on the project
- Make recommendations and modifications regarding office performance, business needs, etc.
- Any other tasks assigned or directed.
- Have overseeing 2-4 market rate multifamily construction projects as a Project Manager
- 4 year degree in construction management, engineering, architecture is preferred but not required
- Good relationships with the city, county, sub-contractors
- Experience in “wrap” and/or “podium” multifamily construction.
- Successful experience managing two construction projects at a time.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator by touch
- Exceptional data entry, communication, and organization skills
- Proficient in Procore Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Adobe, Timberline and other construction/project management software
- Experience in estimating and buy-out of multifamily construction projects
- Ability to have flexibility with working schedule based on business and deadline needs
- Ability to work a schedule during normal work hours and that may be other than Monday-Friday, 8-5. Work in excess of 40 hours per week is likely
- Consistent, regular and in person attendance during regular working hours at the workplace is required
- Professional and upbeat work environment
- Competitive compensation and incentives
- Currently offering a substantial salary package.
- Generous paid time off including vacation, sick, holiday, birthday and volunteer time
- Low Premiums for Medical, dental and vision coverage; including access to telemedicine
- Paid parental leave for eligible new parents
- Flexible spending account
- Health saving account with Company match
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
Between 185K to 200K (maybe more depending on experience) plus substantial project bonuses.
Contact: Kipp Gillian for more information.