Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Senior Superintendent in San Diego will be responsible for Project Leadership, Subcontractor Oversight, Overall Execution of large multifamily projects.
About our Client:
Their pipeline in Southern California is increasing rapidly and it s a great time to join this amazing team. Call / Email Kipp Gillian at Gillian Executive Search to learn more (email@example.com | 866-600-0437x 1)
JOB DESCRIPTION – Responsibilities
SENIOR SUPERINTENDENT – SAN DIEGO
Project Leadership, Subcontractor Oversight, Overall Execution
- Scheduling: along with the VP and key subcontractors, participate in the development of the overall project schedule. In addition, develop and maintain short interval schedules to comply with the time frames in the CPM (Critical Path Method). Update all schedules to maximize performance.
- Must be able to use a computer and all related software programs.
- Ability to implement and maintain a job specific Safety plan.
- Walk every unit, every day to establish firsthand knowledge of projects progress and quality of work being preformed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of appropriate portions of the project’s Quality Control plan.
- Working with the VP, Project Managers, and Engineers, organize and secure all required permits needed by ARB or subcontractors for temporary and construction work are obtained in a timely manner.
- Plan and review the construction plan with the VP including procedures, job layout of turn sequence, equipment, systems, and manpower.
- Manage Project Engineers, Assistant Superintendents, and Superintendents with regards to Field documentation within ProCore (management software) for daily reports, drawings, RFI, etc.
- Have complete knowledge of the project estimate and take steps to correct work if it is at risk of not being performed within the established budget.
- Study, review and understand all construction drawings and specifications for suspected constructability and potential code violations.
- Assure that the corporate policy and procedures are properly administered throughout the life of the project.
- Ensure that all EEO requirements are met and that proper drug test procedures are followed.
- Extensive of knowledge and executions of Fair housing, ANSI and ADA accessibility codes.
- Understand and manage soils conditions, grades for proper sidewalk slopes grades to accommodate accessibility paths and travel.
- Coordinate, direct and monitor the activities of the subcontractors and suppliers.
- Work with the VP, Project Managers, and Engineers in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment furnished by ARB and subcontractors, and assumes the primary responsibility for their timely delivery.
- Direct and train field associates including subordinate supervisory personnel.
- Manage the necessary security for the project.
- Maintain and update the Daily Project Reports documenting the progress of the project as well as noting any problem areas that affect the timely completion of the planned activities. Daily Project Reports are to be copied weekly and given to the Project Manager for distribution to the Vice President.
- Ensure that appropriate notices are given and communicate with the main office concerning weather changes, impact, delays, etc.
- Coordinate, direct, and schedule all test and inspection activities of agencies and governmental authorities.
- Review performance and costs of all project operations and take action as required to correct problems.
- Expedite all site needs-subcontractors, material, construction equipment, and labor.
Strong compensation backage with Base Salary and Project Bonuses.