Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Vice President of Project Management to lead some of the upcoming hotel renovation and new construction project. Reporting directly to the President, the qualified candidate will be responsible for oversight and successful completion of all assigned hotel redevelopment, renovation and expansion projects. The candidate will need to have an ability to communicate effectively, develop work plans for the assignments received, and execute on those plans, while keeping all stakeholders apprised of both the upcoming and ongoing activities, documenting the information as needed. The Vice President of Project Management is a leadership role which will help to define performance expectations of the project management team and help to position Pyramid Project Management for continued growth.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Management and oversight of external and internal teams consisting of 3rd party professionals, project directors, and project managers in connection with the assigned projects.
- Management and oversight of external consultants, design teams, contractors, and other external professionals as necessary.
- Interaction with lenders, loan servicers, lender consultants as necessary
- Interaction with, and presentation to municipal bodies as necessary, including planning, zoning, design review, traffic & parking, sanitation, and other municipal agencies as may be encountered.
- Report to applicable Benchmark-Pyramid senior staff, brand representatives, and ownership representation on the status of the assigned work, budgets, and schedule updates.
- Coordination with the applicable hotel management teams related to the assigned projects, including operations, asset management, and other functions as may be necessary.
- Project management leadership of assigned new construction, renovation, special capital work, and necessary entitlement efforts
- Ability to develop and manage project schedules, budgets, RFPs and contracts for assigned new construction, renovation, and capital work.
- Ability to manage consultants during the pre-development and design phases of any new or renovation project, and management of the consultants and contractors during the construction and closeout phase.
The ideal Vice President of Project Management candidate will bring the following required, desired and optional assets to the company:
- Experience with the entitlement and in management of the overall design of ground-up hotel and resorts, multiple and simultaneous hotel room and public area renovation projects in existing assets, and special capital projects as may be necessary.
- Experience with estimating and developing budgets for various types of hotel projects, including but not limited to renovation of existing assets, expansions of existing assets, new construction
- Experience in creating and issuing bid documents for projects to be constructed, inclusive of coordinating all external consultants and internal team members necessary for complete and concise bid documentation
- Experience with and negotiating construction contracts, purchasing agreements, and architectural, interior design, and engineering agreements.
- Ability to develop and maintain project schedules coordinating all parties including but not limited to the hotel management team, design team, construction team, purchasing team, lenders consultants, and the ownership team.
- The ability to collaborate and provide oversight of both internal and external team members and an ability to manage special capital work as requested.
- Self-sufficient to develop and maintain the main principles of project management, which include project schedules, project budget and contracts, quality assurance, and interaction with all stakeholders.
- Ability to coordinate the entire project execution effort, including entitlement, design, construction, FF&E/OS&E coordination, and coordination with operations staff in delivering a functional hotel.
- The ability to present project matters and report on the status of the project to achieve the necessary project milestones, obtaining approvals as necessary.
- At least 10 years experience in providing leadership in the entitlement, design, and construction of hotel, resorts and mixed-use assets and hotel room renovation projects
Completed four-year degree specializing in architecture, engineering, or construction management.
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in real estate development, construction and design recruiting for the hospitality industry