Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Project Manager of Real Estate Development: Our client is a real estate development firm specializing in large estate homes and luxury multi-unit buildings in the best Ski-in Ski-out locations in the United States. They invest in highly sought after residential properties in the western US. They are currently active in Lake Tahoe, Aspen, and Ketchum/ Sun Valley, with previous successful projects in San Francisco, Woodside and Atherton. On each project, our client works with the finest architects, designers, contractors, and craftsmen in the region to create uniquely beautiful homes. They currently have 10 properties and over $250M in projects under management, and are looking for a dedicated new team member to join us.
The Project Manager for Real Estate Development position is primarily focused on the construction stage of the development process. The bulk of the job is managing the details of the budget and the schedule for 2 to 3 construction projects simultaneously. You will be responsible for the coordination, analysis, value engineering, tracking and implementation of the construction budget. And equally responsible for the creation, maintenance, distribution and management of the schedule.
Location: Sun Valley/Ketchum or the Lake Tahoe Basin
- Create, maintain, and assume responsibility for development schedules
- Manage to a budget set by the VP of Projects and the President
- Consultant and subcontractor contract review
- Frequent site visits to the construction sites
- Oversee 2-3 construction projects simultaneously
- Coordinate with multiple consultants and contractors
- Review construction progress for conformance with drawings and specifications.
- Help with the administrative tasks of planning, development, construction, and sales
- Construction Administration:
- Change order management and control
- Digital filing of construction administration communication
- First level review and approval of pay applications
- Daily reporting to VP of Projects and weekly reporting to the company
- Construction cost estimating and database management
- Communicate with consultants, contractors, and municipalities
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a construction related field.
- A college degree in a construction, development, real estate, or a related field.
- Great interpersonal skills, including exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire and lead a team.
- Computer proficiency with the MS suite, including the ability to build and manage schedules and budgets from scratch. Familiarity with construction management software.
- Works well in a small company that values highly motivated, self-directed individuals.
- Travel: Once or twice a month travel to projects in Colorado, Tahoe, or Idaho as needed.
- This is an office job that requires significant time on-site, you must be comfortable in both settings.
- 40+ hours a week with regular office hours.
- You must live in either the Sun Valley/Ketchum or the Lake Tahoe Basin areas.
- You must bring commitment, enthusiasm, and dedication to the job.
Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and dependent on the applicant.