Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager to join their Western Construction team. The role of the Senior Project Manager to provide leadership for all on-site personnel, project management, pre-construction, and construction of each assigned projects.
Location: Overseeing multiple projects in Inland Empire, Los Angeles or North San Diego. Therefore you can be could be based in their San Diego or Irvine offices.
We are also seeing Project Managers as well so if you have a bit less experience we should still chat.
Our client is a privately held, vertically integrated real estate company that develops, designs and builds market-rate multifamily communities with exceptional services and amenities. Their every decision is strategic, focused and aimed at producing the best Class A multifamily assets with the best risk-adjusted returns.
WHY WORK FOR US?
Our client offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Competitive annual and milestone bonus program
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time, Holidays, PTO
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Phone Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Responsible for multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ensure that all project goals, schedules, and budgets are met.
- Pre-development input of construction techniques and cost.
- Assist Area Vice Presidents with ensuring weekly project reporting is up to date and accurate.
- Establishment of all final construction documents, schedules, and budgets for Construction Management Agreements.
- Oversight on a day-to-day basis of all Project Management and on-site construction activities.
- Ensure completion and close-out of the projects and the acceptance of each project by the Owner.
- Oversee and report on the TCO/C of O progress of projects.
- Address all warranty issues and complete final documentation.
- Oversee the preparation of weekly and monthly reports on project progress.
- Review and approve all subcontractor’s and supplier’s pay requests.
- Analyze job costs and manage the project to the closing budget.
- Evaluate performance of project team members.
- Oversee selection of subcontractors and accuracy of scopes of work for contracts.
- Provide oversight for value engineering for all predevelopment projects.
- Ensure project staff and subs follow company safety standards.
- Promote safety on assigned projects and evaluate subcontractor’s work to monitor compliance with company safety program.
- Help superintendents resolve safety issues on project level.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Provide construction input to design professionals and pre-construction.
- Resolve subcontractor disputes.
- Aid Regional Construction Manager in all legal matters related to assigned projects.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, or related study or a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a manager of multi-family construction.
- Minimum of ten years of construction experience with at least three years of supervisory experience. A minimum of five years multi-family construction experience required.
- Must have good knowledge of construction building codes.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, management, and people skills.
- Must have good working knowledge of construction estimating and scheduling practices.
- Must demonstrate managerial skills appropriate with this position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Team player
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail and organized
- Judgment and problem solving
Reasonable Compensation. There is a wide range of base salary (135 – 220K) plus bonuses for this position as we are fielding all levels of talent from Project Managers that can handle one project to a more Senior level candidate that can handle more projects or more complicated projects. Call Kipp Gillian for more details 866-600-0437 x 1 | email@example.com
Gillian Executive Search is a leader in multifamily construction management recruiting