Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Development Coordinator – Affordable Housing : This position will assist in the management of LOW INCOME HOUSING TAX CREDIT (LIHTC) applications, LIHTC awards and development process for affordable housing new construction and rehabilitation projects. The position is based in Orange County California and reports to the local senior management and will work in collaboration with the company Principals, and other development and construction team staff.Our client is an exceptional national developer of affordable housing, mixed income and market-rate multifamily projects. They have great leadership and a very entrepreneurial local office based in Newport Beach, CA.
Need to have:
– Organizational Skills Interest in real estate and development
– A keen Interest in affordable housing
– Interest in “policy” and/or grant writing
– Support role
– Assist development executives and project managers
– Streamline organization, will see many aspects of development however, this position will focus on in depth knowledge of gov’t policy, funding sources, and application work which is the lifeblood of the company’s business plan
– This person will work with executives and project managers, but will hopefully carve out niche of expertise
– Intelligent role in terms of understanding how gov’t programs can be utilized to fund affordable housing
– Client can teach basic understanding of financing and affordable development
– Client needs someone who begins to understand available gov’t programs, which apply to what kind of project is pursued and help to identify and apply for funding
Desired Qualifications Include:
– Minimum of 1-3 years working with multifamily residential development projects using tax credit and bond financing
– Tracking and reporting budgets using excel
– Desire to work in a diverse, entrepreneurial company and environment where there is NO limit on your production.
Compensation: Base salary target of 65 – 80K (maybe more based on experience) and performance bonus.Call Kipp Gillian, Gillian Executive Search, 866-600-0437 x1 or apply directly on this page. Gillian Executive Search is a leader in recruiting for affordable housing finance and development.