Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Today, the company is a sophisticated vertically-integrated investment, development and management platform that owns over 100 properties across the US, and has several million square feet in its development pipeline.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, develop, coach and supervise portfolio General Managers and Property Managers (third-party, when applicable).
- Oversee day-to-day operations, manage the site teams, complete quarterly audits, recommend maintenance and capital improvements.
- Evaluate the staff of each community in regard to leasing and operational guidelines.
- Ensure that all staff members provide the highest level of service to residents and commercial tenants.
- Meet budgeted income, expense and leasing goals for the portfolio.
- Work with ownership to maintain and improve the value of the assets.
- Conduct quarterly meetings with Property Managers to keep them apprised of current issues.
- Oversight of the annual budget process for each asset.
- Review the financial operations of each property on a monthly basis.
- Evaluate market conditions with each Property Manager to determine market rents in accordance with the market and budgeted goals. Shop competitors and maintain market contacts to stay abreast of changing market conditions.
- Assist each Property Manager in the development of an annual marketing plan and conduct marketing reviews on a periodic basis.
- Coordinate all construction and rehabilitation projects including planning, vendor engagement and bidding, progress inspections, timeline (scheduling) and approval of completed projects.
- Assist with asset management responsibilities, including internal reporting/analysis, benchmarking asset performance, due diligence of potential acquisitions and additional analytic responsibilities as opportunities arise.
- Assists the Head of Capital Projects with the coordination within the assigned portfolio to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget in cooperation with the architects, general contractors and/or any additional third parties
- Utilizes company real-estate software to achieve business objectives including MRI, DocuSign, Building-Link, Aware Manager, VTS, SharePoint, Site Compli, etc.
- Collaborate with Development, Construction, Asset Management, and Accounting teams as needed.
- Participates in due-diligence studies and provides guidance to the Acquisitions Department for potential acquisition/disposition.
- Oversees reporting output for the portfolio to ensure accuracy and completion.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of 7-9 years of experience in property management experience
- Must have experience managing Property Managers.
- Commercial/retail experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university or job-related experience required.
- Sound business acumen and the ability to gather information required to make educated decisions.
- Knowledge of MRI Property Management software a plus.