Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Senior Development Manager – Real Estate Development, Ski Resorts
Company: Our client is a real estate development firm specializing in large estate homes and luxury multi-unit buildings. The firm, founded in 2004, invests in highly sought after residential properties in the western US. They are currently active in Lake Tahoe, Aspen, and Ketchum/ Sun Valley, with previous successful projects in San Francisco, Woodside and Atherton. They only work with the finest architects, designers, contractors, and craftsmen in the region to create uniquely beautiful homes.
They currently have 10 properties and over $250M in projects under management, and are looking for a hard-working new team member to join us.
– You must live close to one of their primary market and be able to commute to Sun Valley/Ketchum, ID for this position.
Job Description: The Project Manager for Real Estate Development position is primarily focused on the design and construction stages of the development process. The first project for this position is managing the design and permitting process, the development budget, and schedules for an amazing luxury condominium construction project in the Sun Valley Resort area.
The Development Project Manager will be responsible for the coordination, analysis, value engineering, tracking and implementation of the construction budget. And equally responsible for the creation, maintenance, distribution and management of the schedule.
- Oversee the design development process and coordinate with various members of the project design team to deliver a high-quality luxury condominium developments
- Create, maintain, and assume responsibility for development schedules
- Manage to a budget set by the VP of Development and the President
- Negotiate consultant contracts and manage contract administration on behalf of client.
- Work with VP of Development to source, interview and recommend potential general contractors for project pre-construction and construction services.
- Negotiate construction contract and establish a GMP budget.
- Oversee general contractor through build out of the project.
- Facilitate detailed cost estimating, value engineering and project scheduling at appropriate intervals during the development process.
- Review and approve monthly consultant billing and pay applications on behalf of ownership.
- Review construction progress for conformance with drawings and specifications.
- Help with the administrative tasks of planning, development, construction, and sales
- Construction Administration:-
- Change order management and control
- Digital filing of construction administration communication
- First level review and approval of pay applications
- Daily reporting to VP of Development and weekly reporting to the company
- Construction cost estimating and database management
- Communicate with consultants, contractors, and municipalities.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a construction related field.
- Large project management development experience with focus on luxury residential and mountain projects, preferred.
- A college degree in a construction, development, real estate, or a related field.
- Great interpersonal skills, including exceptional communication skills and the ability to inspire and lead a team.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Computer proficiency with the MS suite, including the ability to build and manage schedules and budgets from scratch. Strong working knowledge of construction management software.
- Works well in a small company that values highly motivated, self-directed individuals.
- Travel: Minimal travel required outside of the Sun Valley area.
- This is an office job that requires significant time on-site, you must be comfortable in both settings.
- 40+ hours a week with regular office hours.
- Applicants must reside or be willing to relocate to the Sun Valley/Ketchum area.
- Must bring commitment, enthusiasm, and dedication to the job.
Salary and benefits are regionally competitive and dependent on the applicant’s applicable knowledge and experience.