Gillian Executive Search, Inc. - recruiters in real estate development, construction and architecture
Job Summary: The Vice President of Construction has direct accountability for all construction operation. Responsible for the management of construction of concurrent apartment building developments in multiple communities with a primary focus on quality, cost management, speed and safety. The role is accountable for the management of Project Management staff, schedules and timely integration of construction trades, material, documentation, and staffing. The VP of Construction is responsible for our customer commitments to deliver apartments without defects on time and within budget, and to deliver an exceptional experience to residents and works directly with other senior management personnel on future business and strategic planning as well as focuses on improving current systems and work processes.
Our client is a vertically integrated multifamily real estate firm and one of the country’s top 20 largest multifamily developers. they has developed, built, and managed more than 75,000 apartment units across 40+ markets nationwide
Job Description: Team leader, responsible for oversight of multiple construction projects including very complex podium and high-rise construction projects within the assigned region, including design development, constructability, and construction project delivery. Works hand-in-hand with Construction Project Management, Our Developers and Development Partners, Asset Managers, Operations, and contractors to assure Company’s equity investment in long-term, hold oriented design decisions are executed and construction issues resolved appropriately. Responsible for all construction operations including overall budgeting, cost control, construction techniques, product quality and management of the design consultants for the region.
- Regional team and project oversight
- Evaluates, manages, and oversees multiple development projects, from design through final project completion, on a regional basis.
- Effectively partners with external and internal Developers to design, value engineer, attain project consultants and negotiate construction contracts to meet timely delivery of the project
- Initiates and maintains effective communication with management personnel in departments that have impact on, or are impacted by, the projects throughout the development and construction process.
- Directs the project design and obtains approvals, as necessary, of all product and materials.
- Ensures timely recognition of potential issues, thoroughly investigates cause/effect, and assesses key factors. Implements appropriate and adequate action plans to resolve with minimal interruption to schedule.
- Completes critical path schedules with assistance of the contractor.
- Receives and analyzes all progress reports, costs, payment schedules, and all reports.
- Conducts conferences with key development personnel and consultants on the construction progress and enacts necessary changes.
- Represents the Company in a professional manner at all times. Consistently maintains a professional courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers and the general public.
- Performs other duties, as necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, Engineering Real Estate or Business
- 15+ years of progressive experience in project management of complex urban, mid and high-rise building projects, with a portion of time specifically spent on residential (apartment/condo) construction.
- Computer operational proficiency (including but not limited to; MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, Primavera and/or Sure Track) is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills, polished, temperate, engaging, and collegial. Telephone, Facsimile, Photocopier.
- Valid drivers’ license and good driving record along with auto insurance required.
- Travel and overnight stay within assigned region required.
Salary: Base salary around 250K, plus project bonuses and allowances and benefits.